Who We Are: The Facts
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health can be viewed through many lenses. We are:
- A free-standing outpatient clinic where medical professionals diagnose and treat memory, movement and demyelinating disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
- A “one-stop-shop” where convenient clinical services like physical and occupational therapy and neuropsychology help doctors diagnose and patients manage their diseases.
- Home to an alphabet’s worth of leading-edge imaging technologies – 3 Tesla MRI, PET/CT – to aid in diagnosing and charting the progression of brain disorders, and in better understanding this most mysterious organ.
- A fully integrated component of Cleveland Clinic.
Who We Are: The Character
These descriptions, though factual, barely scratch the surface. The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health is so much more than a jumble of facts or figures. The heart of our center is the spirit that motivates the people who work here. It’s a bond that unites and strengthens us. Beyond the impressive credentials our staff holds, we are:
- Fighters determined to slow the advance of disease whenever possible and to guide our patients in improving their quality of life, whatever the diagnosis.
- Believers, with faith in the resilience of our patients and their families and confidence that cures for these devastating diseases, will be found as we delve ever deeper into the secrets of the brain.
- Explorers, ever curious to advance the frontiers of science and translate promising discoveries into life-changing therapies.
- Team players, who know that collaboration is at the core of everything we do, and the whole is greater than the sum of our parts.
A Shared Humanity
Most importantly, we are people just like those we serve, feeling the same joys and sorrows. We look into the eyes of our patients and see a reflection of our own loved ones. Some of us have family members who have walked the tortuous path our patients and their caregivers are navigating. Although we cannot yet offer them a cure, this is a hopeful place where hard-fought victories are won each day.